Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pictures of the SS dash cluster or whole dash? Preferably the warning light style. I cant remeber how they look. Are the warning lights actually a square shape and then when you put them in the dash they appear as circles due to the pods?? Just checking.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Squatys7D,

I assume, due to you screen name, that you're talking about the 70 - 72 dash rod pod style.

I still have the my old lights dash pod at home. Though I don't have pictures, here is what I can tell you:

Each "light" is round not square as you've asked. The light's name appears in the center (i.e. "OIL", "GEN" yes it does say generator and not alternator, & "TEMP") The face is black. There is a thin circle surrouding the light name, the same color as the light name. On the outer-most periphery of the light there are four cut-outs on the face which form the arch of a circle. This is what you actually see the red glowing light through as the rest of the face is solid and black. Think of how you would make a circle if you had to stencil it. I forget how thick the cut-out is.

For pod layout see: www.chevelles.com/shop/ss_ident.html on this site.

I hope this helps. What are you trying to do anyway?

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 06-08-99).]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is two 72 SS dash pics. Both are with tach and gauges, but the warning lights are round, just like the gauges. I have a bunch of extra warning lights if you need them.

azonline.com/~jimmy/72SSdash.jpg
azonline.com/~jimmy/72ssdash1.jpg

Someone got carried away with the silver paint of the first pic and painted the turn signal indicators, the high beam indicator, and the brake warning light. The second pic is more correct.

Jim (#45 Gold)

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited 06-08-99).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a look at my cluster again. It is not in the dash yet and I am still curios about the temp, gen and oil warning lights. The background is black and I have the cut-outs that make up the circle. The black background plate is square though. Is this correct? I bought this at a swap meet and am not sure it is correct. The lights are as michael j says they should be, but that black background plate is square.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Squatys!!!!!

I finally remembered to check my idiot lights pod cluster at home.

You will be happy to know that the face plates of each light is actually square on its outermost surfaces as you've indicated. It looks like you have the right stuff.

Thought you'd like to know.

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 06-11-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.