Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what parts are needed for the "complete" cowl induction hood. I know of the air filter housing, the seal, the steel ring and flapper (I've seen this all in the Ground-Up Catalog) - but where I'm confused is in the vacuum controls. I know there is a vacuum control that operates the flapper, but I understand there is another control that lets air into the top of the filter/carb setup? I have a '72 SS 402 with regular cowl hood and would like to build up a complete induction hood to have as a spare (nothing comes off this chevelle that I don't keep!). I've been told that the '72 SS was not available with a cowl induction hood, yet another source says Chevy only played it down in advertisement literature. Help appreciated.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Kevin,
I just went through this with a 70 Malibu. I bought EVERYTHING from Original Parts Group and got a nice discount. There are a lot of parts that you don't think about, and a good sales person can help a lot. Whoever you use, ask for a sales person who is very familiar with CI hoods. Many of the sales persons are weak in this area. I talked to, and highly recommend Jon at OPG.
CI hoods WERE available on 70-72 cars. In Mar 1972, I special ordered a full pwr, BB, 4sp, posi, air AND CI hood Concours wagon. What's left of the wrecked, rusted shell is behind my ex's barn. ALL the good stuff is on my son's 71 Malibu/SS clone.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 05-13-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.