Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Well it's a crappy picture but what I can see looks ok. Those aren't casting numbers. The casting numbers are on the back of the block. You will have to confirm that the vin on the engine matches the vin tag on the car. Can you get a better picture?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let the picture set for a while and it will clear up and you can zoom in using the mouse wheel. It looks like new stampings were put over old. Is this not the case?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Get a better picture. I can see what you are talking about. The person stamping the engine may have struck it twice because the first attempt was not hard enough.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle
203 Posts
I see what your talking about it does look double stamped but it looks real uniform to be double stamped.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What would be a cause of being double stamped?
Is this something that would happen if the block was decked and someone tried to replace the numbers?
Is it possible this is how it came from the factory?
I will have better photos later today. I really appreciate your help so far!

Darin

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like all digits were stamped at the same time. I guess it's possible that the first stamp didn't take and it was struck again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Like I said earlier , it looks like it was struck twice because the first one was too faint. It's not a restamp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts