Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a gauge pod for the A pillar but it only comes in black and my interior is tan. Does anyone know where I can get a close match of the interior color on a spray paint?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
You might want to try one of these sites. I think they should have what your looking for. www.originalpartsgroup.com , www.yearone.com
or our sponsor www.ss396.com

I know that Yearone and opg have a large selection of interior paint. I hope this helps you.

------------------
Theres nothing like the rumble of a big block and the smell of burning rubber! Brian Henderson
1970 Red on Red LS6 currently under construction. A.C.E.S. #5637 T.C.#1932

·
0 Posts
I just used flat black vinyl dye (plasti-kote) from the parts store. turned out great.

------------------
Michael

T.C. member # 758
ACES member # 4292

69 malibu convertible
69 malibu h/t 307/pg
<<this space reserved for 66/67 chevelle BB/4spd>>
01 gmc sierra

·
Registered
5 Posts
My chevelle has saddle interior and I painted a green dash pad to match. I used the interior spray from original parts group and it turned out great. Just remember to also use the primer. It gets rid of any oil film that might be on the plastic so the paint can adhere. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought some SEM vinyl paint from "The Paint Store" up here in Mission Viejo. It was about ten bucks a can, but it matched my fawn interior perfectly. They might be able to direct you to someone down in the San Diego area

·
Registered
10 Posts
i am in costa mesa...

whats the adress and phone number to that place?
i looked in yellowpages.com , but couldn't find it.

thanks.

l. garcia

------------------

82' caballero
http://codefusion.org/~legarcia/
85' chevy blazer 350 engine swap
mild engine upgrades
sound system in the works

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm sorry. It's "The Paint Store"(28052 Camino Capistrano, Laguna Niguel. (949)364-6121) Hope this helps and sorry about the screw up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey thanks.

im gonna go try some SEM with the correct pre-cleaners. hopefully i can get a better dye that isnt so much like a painted surface.
i used the 'interior acrylic lacquer spray' part number PNT1100 out of Original parts group catalog. it didnt 'dye' the plasic like i am lookin for...more of a painted-type that can be scratched off.

thanks.

l. garcia :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
This past weekend I did the kick panels and they turned out pretty cool. Keep the garage well ventillated though. The smell is pretty tough. I going to do the plastic headliner moldings this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts