Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know where I can find sport mirrors for my 72 Chevelle Convertible. Can they come off of a donor car? If so, what years, makes, and models are a correct fit? I also would need to know how to position these correctly on the doors.

I will look in the parts section, but would rather find them on a local doner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Side sport mirrors need to come from a Chevelle. Regardless of what some may say, later models will not fit correctly. The later models have a different base angle, so if you were to bolt them on, you would be looking into your back seat!

·
Administrator
16,197 Posts
yes, and all the drivers doors are drilled for the remote mirrors as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
if origonality is not a serious issue with your car, take a look at a set of sport mirrors off of a 77-81 camaro Z-28 or Firebird.

These teardrop lights really look great when painted the body color. And they aren't all too difficult to install.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
From the research I have done, it looks like the GM "bullet" mirrors were first available on some '71 models. However, Chevrolet records do not show these to be installed on Chevelles. The only mirror option for '71-'72 (other than the standard manual chrome mirror) was the D33 remote (chrome) mirror. This option did not include a passenger's side mirror.

At one time I had a 1971 Buick GS with both bullet mirrors (driver's remote). The build sheet for it listed the "D35 SPORT MIRROR" option. Chevrolet records do not show a D35 option for Chevelles.

The '71 Chevelle and Monte Carlo sales brochures both show a picture with a (driver's side only) bullet mirror, but the option is not listed anywhere, not even on the order sheets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.