Team Chevelle banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
My 67 has a split bench seat which I would like to refurbish, however it is not the original seat. It has provision for headrests (missing) with a single mounting pole for each headrest, can anyone tell me what year/model they may be from?

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
7,444 Posts
I pulled the bench seat out of a 69 Malibu that had those, I think 69-72 were like that, the seat went to another member that was restoring a 70 LS6

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
Hi Wayne-
The oem bench seats all had a single headrest support (it was a bar about 2" wide).
Bucket seats had two round "poles" holding up their headrests.

67 & 68 bench seats all came with the mounting points on the upper cushion frames for the optional headrests even though most did not come with them, so it could very well be you have the original seat afterall.

Pics would do wonders for helping to ID it.

Cheers!
-Ben

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ben How easy is it to recover the headrests?...two pole type. I have two sets in Black. One set mint and one not so mint LOL I am going with white/Parchment interior so thought I may recover the poor set and sell the others on..or use them until I can recover the the others...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Wayne-
The oem bench seats all had a single headrest support (it was a bar about 2" wide).
Bucket seats had two round "poles" holding up their headrests.

67 & 68 bench seats all came with the mounting points on the upper cushion frames for the optional headrests even though most did not come with them, so it could very well be you have the original seat afterall.

Pics would do wonders for helping to ID it.

Cheers!
-Ben
Thanks Ben, sounds like I have the original seat with the headrest option. 👍
1606624846466.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts