Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
wagons rule!
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I have started doing, after I type the message I want, I highlight it then right mouse click. Hit copy. Open the "Microsoft WORD" program. You all must have it or something similar. Right click and paste. Then do a spell check. Then highlight and copy go back to your chevelles.com thread, right click, paste. This will do 2 things I have heard people complain about. 1, correct spelling so the search function can work properly, and B,
allow you to have a back up of your long hard work typed message. In case you misspelled or forgot to type your password you will not loose what you have typed. It’s also worth the extra effort if you spell as bad as I do. And since spell check has been drop here, I have seen some pretty awful typing

------------------
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons haul A$$ in style! "The Chopped Suburban". to see some goto
www.EINSTYN.com FO_FDYFO = four-fifty four! TC#1460, VCEA#2

[This message has been edited by FO_FDYFO (edited 01-16-2002).]

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I used the spell checker once. It was way too slow for me, so that is the way I do it if I run a spell check her. I usuallie don't.
Besides, it's two much fun to watch all the
phutile attmepts at spelling.

What really is alarming though, is this pager company promoting a "new" language to use on their pagers. They are encouraging the abbreviation of sentences to acronyms.

Ex.
ASAP, BTW, WYD (Whose Your Daddy) See how this can get out of hand?

If they want to shorted things up, what wrong with ebonics?

wasup
yoblood
wutphomie

Now if you plug WYD into ebonics, you get
Why You Dumb. An obvious miscomunication.

Dave

·
wagons rule!
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well FO_FDYFO is ebonics for four fifty four. I guess its not as short as 454 but it sure is funnyer

------------------
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons haul A$$ in style! "The Chopped Suburban". to see some goto
www.EINSTYN.com FO_FDYFO = four-fifty four! TC#1460, VCEA#2

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Your procedure is good, but you may be able to cut one step out of the process. Instead of typing into the reply box, then cutting and pasting, just start you message out in Word. Do the spell check and then paste that into the reply space at Team Chevelle. This will eliminate the manual update of your typed message.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have this big book I keep on my desk. I think it has all the words in it and they are in alphabetical order so you can find them. It even tells you what the words mean!
I'm not sure if they make them any more.

------------------
The ongoing saga of the MALIBRUISER 70 SS fake
MALIBRUISER

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
I have copies of Bookshelf 98 and American Heritage Dictionary on my PC. I look up words before I use them if I'm not sure of their spelling. Doesn't help doing spell checks of postings but I tend to let a comment sit then go back and read it again to see if it makes sense. Just because words are spelled correctly doesn't mean the phrasing is going to make any sense.

Write the same way you would speak to someone in person. I don't know of too many people who would speak 100 words with no inflection of tone, no pause for a breath of air, or some means to indicate what they are saying is a question.

------------------
Dale
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_Dave:
I used the spell checker once. It was way too slow for me

Dave
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Ditto on that. The guys with broadband might not have a problem but 28.8 makes it much to slow for me
I have aol and just write it in an email and use the spellchecker there.

------------------
Undee's70SS

G

·
Nothin beets edgemakation!

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
1967 Malibu, 2nd owner.
1971 Malibu, been in the family since new.
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Spell check just didnt know what to do with a canadians favorite word eh! ,or was it ay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.