Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am working on my first ever project car and have to learn everything by myself (with the help of great sites like this of course). So how do you install a speedo gear in a TH350? There is a cable coming from the speedometer and there is a hole in the side of the transmission. So what’s in between? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Kiknss
Welcome to Chevelle Tech. The item you need is called a speedometer sleeve. I know this thanks to Fred Aldrich. Visit his site at www.geocities.com/~69_chevelle/speedo.htm The sleeve is available from the dealer and Fred even gives you the part number.
You might also want to do a search of this site, for more info. Just click on search at the to[p of this page.

Good Luck!

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
(soon to be TPI)
ACES # 00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038
NCOA #16197

[This message has been edited by rick (edited 06-10-99).]

G

·
You remove the speedo cable at the transmission. Underneath the ring that holds it in place in the gear. The cable has a square end on it and it fits directly into the gear. There is a small tab that keeps the gear in place, it's held in with a small screw. It should be pretty easy to figure out once you're there. You'll drip a little fluid doing the swap. Go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.