Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search on this topic and found nothing. Just picked up a gauge cluster that unexpectantly has the speed warning set-up. Any one know how to wire this bad boy? It's a '68 cluster and the relay has three spade terminals. Help! It'd be nice to find out whether it works or not. Least the tach works! T.I.A. Tony.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not getting ignored. Sorry I can't help on this one. Don't have any information on these and hate to tell you to hook it up wrong. Had one in an old Buick Wildcat but never played with it. Hopefully someone else has your answer.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Tony

I’m guessing you don’t have a wiring harness. The relay is the buzzer. You will use two of the three terminal connectors. I don’t know which two. One gets power from the IGN terminal on the fuse block. The other wire will connect to the back of the speedo. The speedo mechanism grounds the second wire to sound the buzzer. You can connect power to one of the terminals then ground one of the others until you determine which terminals are to be used. There should be a cable with a knob for setting the desired speed. If the unit checks out you can likely get a harness from M&H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts