Team Chevelle banner

Special 68 13837 Dick Harrell Chevelles

26036 56
Guys I have been sitting on this info for years and figured I would now share this with Team Chevelle members.This concerns 2 68 Chevelle cars that were sold at Courtesey Chevrolet in AZ. If you have 68 Chevelle SS with the last 6 numbers being 14158X K-K PNT or 21934X E E PNT code contact me.The EE pnt car was sold in AZ and the KK code was sold in Daytona Florida.2 Special cars,so good luck in the hunt guys!! Dan
Reactions: 427L88
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
The Harrell shop probably offered the hood as an option and they would purchase it from A&A and add it per customer request.

I believe another 68 Harrell Chevelle has been found and is being restored.

here is a 68 magazine picture

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
i found the other one on the Dick Harrell site

http://forum.dickharrell.com/showthread.php?t=1003&highlight=chevelle

there are a lot of cool pictures on there

one of the guys that worked there said he thinks there were 5 1968 427 Harrell Chevlles and no 1969s

DH was a real 427 Chevelle Pioneer. He had to have had one of the first if not the first.

pic is the 1964 427 Chevelle (427 Z11 "W" engine from his 1963 Z11 Impala race car)

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
In general, a un-restored original car in top condition is worth more then a restored car but the restored car will still have high value if documentation is in order.

A rusty un-restored car may be worth less then a restored car.

Car value can be a combination of condition, history, documentation, options, production numbers, popularity, and other factors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I think this is a worthy bump. The KK Harrell car has been found.

Our best educated guess is that it was the demo model sent down to Courtesy Chevrolet as it sat there from February 19,1968 thru at least August of the same year. The "Grand Opening" ad ran 3 days after the car arrived at Courtesy and would have been the only Harrell car on site. We've made Val and Dale aware of the discovery. The car came to MN in the early 90's as a roller and was restored back to an SS 396 Chevelle. The drivetrain has been replaced and the hood is MIA.

A very special thanks goes to Dan P and Bill Z for their dedication to research and discovering these Courtesy Harrell cars.

It appears this is the 3rd '68 Harrell Chevelle accounted for joining Kevin's Red car and Roger's Green one. It's unclear at this time whether it was an L88 or had a multi-carb setup.

There's a high probability that the car spent some time in Goodyear, AZ and was owned by someone or multiple people who were at Luke Air Force Base. We'd love to hear from anyone down that way that may remember the car.
Grey Automotive design Auto part Font Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky

Font Number Monochrome Book Art

Wood Font Art Rectangle Parallel

Font Rectangle Parallel Handwriting Paper

Gas Font Auto part Metal Nickel

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Newspaper Tire

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Gas

Hood Blue Azure Bumper Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
WOW wouldnt that be awesome to find out about your car.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Congratulations Wes! Glad to see you finally come out with the find as it was super cool hearing about it. From what I know it was certainly the real deal from the get go. Awesome find!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts