Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have been sitting on this info for years and figured I would now share this with Team Chevelle members.This concerns 2 68 Chevelle cars that were sold at Courtesey Chevrolet in AZ. If you have 68 Chevelle SS with the last 6 numbers being 14158X K-K PNT or 21934X E E PNT code contact me.The EE pnt car was sold in AZ and the KK code was sold in Daytona Florida.2 Special cars,so good luck in the hunt guys!! Dan

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Mike its the free keg of beer they put in the trunk:D:beers:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Ok it might be the old 6 pack of Schlitz beer still in the trunk for you :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Tony,yes I do....By the way Courtesey Chevrolet in AZ sold 4 1968 Harrel Novas,2 68 Harrell Camaros and 2 68 Harrell Chevelles.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
This is great! Do you have the original sales info?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are the vin #'s in full. I think the assembly plant would be Kansas City. These have been out for almost 4 years now.
141580 k-k
219343 e-e

Good luck everyone

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess I don't get it :confused: What is it about that information that makes anyone sit up at attention?? What am I missing?
Dick Harrell was one of the few who transplanted 427's into new 68 Chevelle's, then sold them through authorized Cheverlot dealers. The L-78's were replaced with L-72 short blocks still retaing the original factory warranty and could be financed through GMAC with other modifications the buyer might chose. Information I have, only 5 of these cars were built and distributed before GM started the 69 COPO process.

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Dick Harrell was one of the few who transplanted 427's into new 68 Chevelle's, then sold them through authorized Cheverlot dealers. The L-78's were replaced with L-72 short blocks still retaing the original factory warranty and could be financed through GMAC with other modifications the buyer might chose. Information I have, only 5 of these cars were built and distributed before GM started the 69 COPO process.
and yes, so I still ask.. why was the info. which was apparently known, now just shared??? why hold back if known :confused: I guess I am just not getting it?? sorry

·
Registered
Super Awesome Guy who rarely logs on
4,994 Posts
I would assume that they were trying to locate the cars for awhile...then someone posted the vins on other sites? Just a guess...

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
You put the information out there. Then people start tracking the cars down and bother the owners and you look like the jerk some times. I myself have had information for many years and keep it to myself for just that reason. If the owners want the information out there they will do it. That's for them to decide.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ed Cunneen might have gotten the info from Mickey H before Bill Z from AZ and I stopped in there to talk to her that day. Yes I kept this info from the General Public,thats what Bill Z and me originally agreed upon.I did send the info to Val Harrell and Dave Libby though.We sat on the info,but as time goes by does it really make sense to sit on this info_Owners die and things get changed,forgotten or info and pictures tossed away.I felt it was only fair to put the info out and what better place then Team Chevelle!! Happy hunting guys...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.