Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever installed a Comp Cams adjustable rocker arm conversion kit on a 455 Olds? Or any Olds V8 for that matter? It is supposed to be a direct bolt on, no mod, no machining. How about BillK? Know anything about them? I have one on the way from Summit. (Yes, yes, I know, this is a Chevelle site, but a 455-5sp Cutlass is a cousin to a 454 Chevelle. Right?)

------------------

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey DZ,

Mondello claims that the pushrods are the wrong length "for many applications", so you should probably check the geometery when you install them. An interesting kit, I have been considering it for my girlfriends TA. How much is Summit asking for them? Are you going to them because you are running a big cam?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you know where I could find a decent Old's 455? I need one that hasn't been left out in the elements, but one that needs a little work?
I know this is Chevelles, but if I find this guy the 455 I get an LS6 for a TRADE!!!!
HELP me if you can. I am in Michigan...

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a complete conversion kit from Comp Cams for $250. Roller tip rockers, studs, pushrods and guide plates. I need it for the Cutlass, which I use for towing sometimes, because Olds V8s have non adjustable rockers. So I have no way to adjust the lifters, and they need adjusting, a couple need it pretty bad. With a stock head/rocker setup, the machine shop has to build the heads with the proper valve stem height so that when you tighten the rocker bolt, it's adjusted (know how this works BillK?). Has anyone installed one of these conversion kits?

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.