Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is the right place for this. I want to get the original dash speaker repaired and would like to know the best place to send it . I am in Virginia if there are any places on the East Coast . Thanks.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,416 Posts
You can try this place Turnswitch.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Turnswitch is the only one that offers the correct 8-10 ohm speaker.. You'll ruin that Delco radio with a 4 ohm speaker unless you install a small amp behind it.. I have a small Blaupunkt amp behind mine and it sounds great..

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I guess this is the right place for this. I want to get the original dash speaker repaired and would like to know the best place to send it . I am in Virginia if there are any places on the East Coast . Thanks.
What year Chevelle ? I bought a correct 10x 4inch 10 ohm speaker from Greg at Electrotech for around $65 delivered. Radio now works great in my 65 Tempest...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
What's wrong w/ the speaker? New foam is available and an easy fix. The foam runs around the edge of the speaker cone allowing it to move...

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
What's wrong w/ the speaker? New foam is available and an easy fix. The foam runs around the edge of the speaker cone allowing it to move...

There is no foam on a factory speaker.

The paper cones suffer from heat, age, moisture and sunlight and what happens is the fine wires leading to the voice coil break and then the speaker goes "open".

The original poster needs to have someone recone his speaker(s) if he wants to continue to use the original factory unit(s).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The cloth or what ever it was that the two wires were hooked to is torn away. Looks like paper .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts