Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm looking for the manufacture's part number for "spark plug wire crimpers". I would like to get the kind that does a "Factory quality" type of crimp. I've noticed that some crimpers are two part set-ups, with the crimping handles and the dies that go into the jaws are two different part numbers. I tried to call AMP/Tyco, (this is a large manufacture of spark plug wire connectors and crimpers), but they wanted the exact part number of the part to be crimped. Anyone out there got some that do a good job and would post the manufacture's name and part numbers on both dies and handles? Thank You Rick Z.

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
Taylor makes a nice hand help crimping tool, I don't know the part number, but any parts store that carries Taylor wires should be able to look it up. I have one, it works quite well, cost around $15. MSD also makes a nice crimping tool, but it is pretty expensive, well over $50. Good luck.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Taylor makes a nice hand help crimping tool, I don't know the part number, but any parts store that carries Taylor wires should be able to look it up. I have one, it works quite well, cost around $15.
Steve R
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got a Taylor unit from Summit along with new wires. Haven't tried it yet but the Summit number is TAY-43390 MULTI PURPOSE TOOL. Cost was $13.39. If you get one through mail-order, get it along with other stuff as shipping/handling ($6.95) per order bumps up the price.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
advice given to me by the local ignition guru is that the blocks ensure you dont overcrimp ( the blocks are placed in a vise to form the crimp), while with the hand tool he said, " Dont crimp it so the wire looks it's bulging out like Arnie." Given this, the hand tool works mint.

( plus if you roll your own you can use the black Taylor 8.5mm and fit it really nicely for a clean , stock, look.)

------------------
Member #62 Gold/ACES 03112
67 SS396(427-3X2)
Be Big, Be a Builder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.