Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some help with the hook up of my new fan.I had a black magic ,iam pretty sure that what it was and it was not doing the job at all on my 427.I now have a spal dual 11 inch puller with a prc alunimun radiator.Can i keep the old wiring set up and just use it with this new spal fan.It was working fine with the old fan.I have a box with all my toggle switches and fuses in line with the toggles.The fan switch has its own 30 amp fuse that i was just turning on at stop lights and slow driving,thats the way i want to use this new fan also manually just when i want it to come on with my toggle switch.It was working ok the way it was wired up with the black magic will the spal be ok that way also.I want both fans to come on at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
You might want to add a relay or two, to switch the load. Use your toggle to switch on the relays. I hear that those spal fans take quite a bit of current, and if you don't have to run the power through the switch, it will last longer (do you really have a 30A switch?). Also, your fans could see a little less voltage drop with shorter power leads if you put the relay in the engine compartment.

chris

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have decided to use 2 relays 40 amps one for each fan and play it safe.Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris you asked if my toggle switches were 30 amp ,i just looked they are rated at 25 amp.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian L34:
Chris you asked if my toggle switches were 30 amp ,i just looked they are rated at 25 amp.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! I'm really impressed! Seems it's been difficult for me to even find 10A switches at the stores here. All they have are cheesy 3A ones. I was just worried that you were running 20-30A through a 3A or 10A switch.

If you already know how to wire the relays up, I think you're set!

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.