Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase a set of Rev Classic wheels from Rev Wheel in CA. They are identical to American Racing TTII's and even come with American Racing center caps. They are just manufactured by Rev Wheel and called Rev Classics. I went with these because everyone else only offered polished and I wanted chrome. They also offered the BS i needed/wanted. The problem is, I had to use 5/16" spacers on the front because the wheels would not sit flush against the drum. The wheel center cap area was not large enough diameter and the center cap on the drum was touching the wheel, keeping it from sitting flush. I picked up the spacers from PepBoys for $10 ea. It works for now, but I'm I would like a better and permanent solution. I'm wondering who else runs American Racing TTII's or Rev Classics and what your experience has been with the front wheels. Here is what I have:

Car: 1972 Chevelle

Wheel Make: Rev Wheel / American Racing

Wheel Model: Rev Classic / TTII's

Front Size: 17x8"

Front Backspace: 4.5"

Rear Size: 17x9"

Rear Backspace: 5"

Front Tire Size: 245/45/17 - Nitto 555's

Rear Tire Size: 275/40/17 - Nitto 555's

Suspension mods: Stock.

I need to get a closer shot, but you can kind of see the aluminum colored spacer just behind the front wheel in the picture below. I can get additional pictures of where things are rubbing without the spacer if anyone cares to see. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sounds like you will have to turn down the hub or have the wheel machines to a larger opening.

It might be a good time to upgrade to a 11" factory disc brakes assuming the hub is different size from a drum brake hub.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, these are both options I've thought about. Just need to find a good machine shop in SLC, UT. Anyone know of one?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone ever had to machine the back of their wheels before? Not sure if this is a good idea and/or safe to do. I wouldn't think it would take too much off to fit, but I worry that this might weaken the wheel too. Maybe not...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts