Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you southern boys don't know what you're missing. I was just looking at intellicast radar and were going to get hit with the first wave of snow, some of that rain coming from down south that hit this nice cool northern air, thanks for sending it up.

I'm all stoked up, if it turns out to be a lot of snow, I'll fire out a couple of pictures to you home boys, show you where the men hang out.

Rob

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Same thing here in Mn. Its still the calm before the storm here at the moment. Although it has been freezing rain for the last several hours.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the radar, it should be snowing, but nothing, no rain either, a little wind off the lake, sometimes that will hold it back temporarily.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what there saying

Weekend storm begins wreaking havoc on Wis.
By COLIN FLY
Associated Press Writer

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Winter returned in Wisconsin as a severe storm bore down that meteorologists warned would last through the weekend, bringing howling winds and up to 27 inches of snow or more in parts of the state.
One fatality was already blamed on the conditions in the Township of Springfield near Madison, where a vehicle slid off the road and struck an embankment on Friday night.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said the male driver was not wearing a seat belt and his vehicle's air bag did not deploy. His identity was not being released, pending notification of next of kin.
"Every deputy we have is tied up right now on traffic accidents," said Dane County Sgt. Kerry Porter early Saturday morning. "We've got nine deputies working third shift, and we've held over a couple of additional deputies."
Madison is one of the areas expected to be hit hard, said National Weather Service meteorologist Tom Zajdel. The suburb of Verona had already received 6 inches, according to spotters, and between 6 and 9 inches were forecast to fall by Saturday morning, with a second band of heavy snow delivering another 9 to 14 inches beginning Saturday afternoon.
Zajdel said the storm could bring blizzard-like conditions due to winds whipping above 35 mph for prolonged periods.
"If we

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes,:beers: :thumbsup: :hurray: :yes: :) :D it just started snowing, a little wind with it, you guys have your hurricane parties, me and the bride are having our blizzard party, snowblowers are gassed up, had bean soup for supper, so the snow blowers aren't the only thing gassed up.:D

Rob

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Dude I think yer addicted to snow :D. I grew up in Eastern Canada and also did a stint for the AF in N. Maine (farther north than 75% of our Canadian brothers). I much prefer where I live now. If I want snow it is about 35 minutes away. If I want the coast/dunes/beaches(not the bikini type ;)) that's an hour the other way and actually this weekend I might have to drive through snow to get to it, depending on my route. Enjoy your white wonderland :)

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think I'll jump on my Harley and go out for breakfast then ride down the Texas coast and do some sightseeing. hehehehehe PUT ANOTHER LOG ON THE FIRE. The high today down here.......... middle 70s.
In all honesty I love the winter up north. I have worked up in Prudhoe Bay north of the Artic circle where the winter when I was there the weather charts showed one day with wind chil the temp. was -125. During the winter we had to keep our vehicles plugged into a "hitching post" with the engines running over night to keep them from freezing. Then I have lived in Minnesota, Michigan and North Dakota.
Hang in there, spring is just around the corner!

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Y'all can keep all that white crap!
I'll take the weatherman's "high of 70" he forecasted for today. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you guys get up so early in the morning, anyway 3 to 5 inches tonight and 4 to 6 inches tomorrow.

That was funny, the Hellcat.:)

I need to get some breakfast, home made fried potatoes, bacon, eggs and toast, and a good old hot cup of folgers, then I'm ready, let er rip.

Shari, would you make me some breakfast, thats the way it is men, that initial two year training program when we first got married, its still payin off 45 years later.

I may go out and work on the little gem in the garage, or maybe I'll just track this storm.

Lets see, breakfast, maybe a little nap, then I'll make a decision.

Oh, almost forgot, I just took a sharpie and wrote on the top of my computer to check the weather out with you southern homeboys around july, see how you like it.:D

Rob

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.