Team Chevelle banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Casey, I put my Fat Mat down in when the garage was in the 40's. It just needs a bit of persuading to get it to stick. When it warms up, it'll stick and stick it will. Just take your time.
Go back and look at my thread. you can see where I put all the insulation. Underside of the roof and in doors, and under the rear quarter windows on the fender.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Use some heat gun heat locally inside the vehicle to warm things up. Keep the adhesive rubber warm inside the house and bring it out a little at a time to apply it.

The biggest problem with ANY of these adhesive rubber products is getting it to stick and stay stuck on a dirty or rusty floor. The loose material betrays the adhesive. Lay down a coat of clear coat paint first to trap any dirt or rust particles before applying the adhesive rubber.

Rick

·
Premium Member
Vancouver BC Canada
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you Chris and Rick... Floor clean and painted temp going up LOL then down... raining hard here.... Heat gun to warm floor area sounds good and piece at a time.
And roller to press it on! Elbow is going to get some bender afterwards!

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,474 Posts
I used Dynamat Extreme (CL) on the front half, inside doors and Fat Mat on the rear half with a roller that's made for the install and Reflectix? Silver bubble wrap insulation that's very lightweight on the roof, spray glue for that

21 - 24 of 24 Posts