Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yesterday I'm flipping through the channels and I run across the movie Urban Cowboy which has a pretty good soundtrack. That got me thinking about good songs that were recorded just for a particular movie and I came up with two.
Number 1 and probably the better known is from the movie Armageddon. It's " I Don't Want To Miss A Thing " by Aerosmith. I mean it's Aerosmith a time tested big time rock band. Steven Tyler may appear a little odd ( suspe t that is an act) but he is one hell of an entertainer.

The next one is from the movie Twins. The song is " I'd Die For This Dance. Recorded by Nicolette Larson (RIP) and Jeff Beck. Some nice guitar work by Beck and Nicolette had a pretty good voice. I almost forgot. Is Kelly Preston smoking hot in Twins or what?

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
11,022 Posts
Armageddon also had Tylers daughter Liv in the movie

·
Registered
177 Posts
So yesterday I'm flipping through the channels and I run across the movie Urban Cowboy which has a pretty good soundtrack. That got me thinking about good songs that were recorded just for a particular movie and I came up with two.
Number 1 and probably the better known is from the movie Armageddon. It's " I Don't Want To Miss A Thing " by Aerosmith. I mean it's Aerosmith a time tested big time rock band. Steven Tyler may appear a little odd ( suspe t that is an act) but he is one hell of an entertainer.

The next one is from the movie Twins. The song is " I'd Die For This Dance. Recorded by Nicolette Larson (RIP) and Jeff Beck. Some nice guitar work by Beck and Nicolette had a pretty good voice. I almost forgot. Is Kelly Preston smoking hot in Twins or what?

Yes, she was...

RIP Kelly

Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney and Wings) for The Bond movie of the same name.
I like GnRs version too...

A Hard Day's Night (Beatles) Movie of the same name. (Song better than the movie...)

A few others are decent songs that fit the movie, but I don't listen to them outside of the movie, like the Aerosmith song for Armageddon, cute, but a bit sappy for me... lol

·
Registered
1966 Chevelle SS396
1,138 Posts
This was always a favorite of mine. I still remember being in the back if our 66 impala wagon at the outdoor theater with my brother and my parents. I was all of 8 years old I think.

·
Registered
16,021 Posts
One of my favorite movies, "Lawless" had a bunch of really great bluegrass covers done for it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
A little bit different scenario, but several times I have found obscure songs in movies (probably not actually written for the movie) that are totally unknown, at least to me, but I REALLY liked them, so I tracked down a copy of the song. It gets hard sometimes if they are not on the soundtrack, or the soundtrack was never updated from vinyl or not offered digitally. Among the movies I have tracked down and gotten songs from are Sweet Home Alabama, 23 Minutes to Sunrise, Doctor Detroit, In the Heat of Night, and the TV show Hunter. I am also a fan of TV show theme music, and I have many of the good ones (often extended versions) in my collection. Among my favorites are from Magnum PI, Hunter, Night Court, Simon & Simon, Barney Miller, Hardcastle & McCormick, Taxi and a purely instrumental version of the Beverly Hillbillies theme done by a bluegrass group in Branson MO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
“Mercy sakes alive” lets not forget Convoy. As far as TV shows I like Hawaii 50and Rockford Files. Fun fact about Jack Lord, his first job was at a Ford dealership selling cars and for that reason he wanted FoMoCo cars on his show.

·
Registered
882 Posts
“Mercy sakes alive” lets not forget Convoy. As far as TV shows I like Hawaii 50and Rockford Files. Fun fact about Jack Lord, his first job was at a Ford dealership selling cars and for that reason he wanted FoMoCo cars on his show.
In the case of Convoy, the song led to the movie, but so what?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. He got paid some ridiculously low amount like $30-50K to write it.
He also got sued for stealing the melody from Huey Lewis' "I want a new drug".

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
11,022 Posts
Wasn't it Tom Petty that said There's only so many notes? or something like that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts