Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Member , Vegas TC Ambassador
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those attending SEMA, it appears that there will be something new to do after hours this year. Traditionally, NHRA visits the weekend before and Lucas the weekend after, which corrupts LVMS scheduling just enough to prevent any racing while SEMA is actually taking place.

According to their website ( www.lvms.com ), SpeedTV's Pass Time will be filming episodes November 3-4 (Wed and Thur, I believe). I registered as a participant a month, or so, ago, then again this week as a contestant. While I have not heard anything back from them, SpeedTV's website states that their roster is usually not confirmed until all scheduling has been completed.

Thought I'd pass this tidbit of information to those that may be interested in registering themselves or possibly attend as a spectator.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:. Should be cool at night too. I'll try to make it out there. I wanna check out your ride anyway :yes: .

John

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
if you reg. your car, im not sure you will hear hack, i think they use that to see if they are gonna get the 110 cars, if they film 11 eps. bet the 2 nights

·
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you reg. your car, im not sure you will hear hack, i think they use that to see if they are gonna get the 110 cars, if they film 11 eps. bet the 2 nights
What do you mean?
Do you think that they expect everyone that registered to show up?
OR
So many people will register/apply that the odds of being chosen are unlikely?

·
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not who you know.... It's who you bl..

Go to www.semashow.com (or similar variation).
Register as an attendee.
It will require proof of your affiliation with an industry related business. It used to just take an appropriate business card with your name and position, but last time I went through the process, besides the business card, they also wanted a copy of the business license.

OR
Since they don't check ID (several different people use my wifes every year)
1. Use somebody elses after they're done. Most people aren't here for the whole week.
2. Make a copy of somebodies.
3. Use a credential from a previous year.

With any of the above, unless you're naturally as cool as a cucumber, you'll sweat every encounter, especially coming all the way from who knows where having, at best, a sketchy credential, but in 29 years of going, I've never even heard of, let alone witness, anybody having been called out because of their credential. At one time or another, I've personally used or accompanied someone that was using one or all of the examples listed above. Heck, just a couple of years ago (when Eric won the Optima build), our group of five included three Rowdy McDaniel's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts