Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I thought that with everything that has been going on around here lately that a little good news is in order. I just found out that the bid that my wife and I put in last nite on a house was accepted!!!
Hopefully if all goes well we will close first week in december. To answer some of the questions:

Townhouse located in Waldorf, MD
3 bedrooms
1 full / 1 half bath
spacious kitchen/dining room/living room
hardwood floors in entry way and dining room
no garage (but hey I can't afford a nice car for another 3-4 years anyways!)
close to most of my family
closer to work
in a decent neighborhood
cheaper to commute
a place to call home
room to put in a big screen

not too much more than my rent

only bad part is that I may have to forego next years ACES to cash in my vacation, but hey that is 6 months away and I can find a way to get down there!

that and if anyone is familiar with MD law reguarding getting out of a lease let me know! someone told me there is a provision that if you have a contract on a house then you can get out of your lease without penalty. email me at [email protected]

later all!!!

------------------
J.J. Fig
MCC member #256
Maryland Chevelle Club
Dad's 69 SS
Mom's 71 SS Convertible

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Yes, He's closer to Wally too. Damn, their goes the neighborhood

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Congrats!! Hope to see it next summer as the cruise season starts! I might actually start coming to meetings now that I can drive a decent looking car there

Way to go!! Good luck getting out of that lease, they can be a bear. I'd focus on them not being able to protect your property, since your stuff got damaged at their location. I would think a guard or locked gate is reasonable protection. If they won't provide it, then pressure them to drop the lease. It's cheaper than a lawsuit

------------------
71 Ragtop
MCC #347, TC (Gold) #174
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Hey JJ, congrats!!
Does this mean your flag has to be moved??
Drop me an e mail and let me know whats going on,

------------------
Honey, its not a $200 hat. The distributor was $200, the hat came with it. kevin d
Maryland Chevelle Club #362
Classic Cars and Trucks of Beaufort #72
TC #1108
ACES #4586

G

·
Yep, he's in big trouble moving down to Waldorf! Before I moved I lived in Waldorf for 17 years. Hey Fig, where eactly in Waldorf are you moving???

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
This is Chevy country, on a clear night you can hear a Ford rust!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chev64:
Yes, He's closer to Wally too. Damn, their goes the neighborhood

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey watch it there mister... Don't make me take your car apart, remember I helped take it apart the first time around

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevin d:
Does this mean your flag has to be moved??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah in december I will have to get Dean to move it for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wally:
Yep, he's in big trouble moving down to Waldorf! Before I moved I lived in Waldorf for 17 years.
Hey Fig, where eactly in Waldorf are you moving???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Wally I lived in brandywine for almost 18 years before I moved to Glen Burnie with my wife in march. We are happy to move back to the area, especially cause I work in DC.

The town house is in the newest section of Tanglewood. Behind Lowes off of Western Parkway. The neighborhood is quiet, just wish I could have afforded the nice houses with 2 car garages down the street!

Gene: I'll be closer but we still have to get Wally to make it to one of the MCC meetings...

Sid: Looks like we will essentially lose $639 to get out of the lease. We give them a check today for 1 month of rent and we are out of our contract in december. But we get out full deposit back when we move out. So we pay them $639 now and get it back in about 2 months. Ain't this fun?!?!

------------------
J.J. Fig
MCC member #256
Maryland Chevelle Club
Dad's 69 SS
Mom's 71 SS Convertible

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Your just a young man and your time will come when you can move up to a house with a garage of a size that you can actually use.

------------------
Leo Paugh
A.C.E.S.#3731
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
JJ, that's great! Had a friend of mine get sacked on his lease-had to pay around $1600 + court costs, what a bad scene.

Garages? you don't want to see my garage! It's now my office, because it was too small to park a car in. Could get the Bonneville in IF I put the nose against the wall, the door cleared by about 1/4". No one could get out on the passenger side, and the driver needed to be thin-which I'm definitely NOT

So-it makes a good office / hamshack for me, just a little cold in the winter. Will be working on that this year.

Leo-I needed a 2 car garage as a teenager with all my "hobbies"

------------------
71 Ragtop
MCC #347, TC (Gold) #174
[email protected]

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Hey Sid, My garage is a one car that is kinda small and since my car is at the body shop, it is a junk collector which I am slowly getting rid of so when my Monte Carlo SS is painted, I can put it in the garage so I can put it back together. With my tool boxes and frig, it will be a tight fit.

------------------
Leo Paugh
A.C.E.S.#3731
Maryland Chevelle Club

[This message has been edited by chev64 (edited 10-31-2001).]

G

·
No matter how big your garage is, it's never large enough to contain all your STUFF!

JJ, it's better to own than to rent. The small sacrifices you make now will pay off in the future.

Rick

------------------
'69 SS 396 L78 (Chevelle Thunder)
'81 GMC Caballero 4 speed
Team Chevelle Gold Member #152
ACES #560

My '69 SS 396

[This message has been edited by RatMotor69 (edited 11-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys
Thanks for all the kind words. Yes things might be a little tight right now. But hey that just means I may lose a little weight and that is a good thing. From what I was told yesterday we are in better shape than we first thought.

Hey leo when did you put the monte in to get painted?

Hey who is going to the MCC meeting this weekend?

------------------
J.J. Fig
MCC member #256
Maryland Chevelle Club
Dad's 69 SS
Mom's 71 SS Convertible

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Not in the paint shop yet,going in on the 12th of Nov. picking up a new fender tomorrow.

------------------
Leo Paugh
A.C.E.S.#3731
Maryland Chevelle Club

G

·
Alright, where is the meeting this weekend??? All I'm doing is putting the new fuel and brake lines on the bare chassis, getting ready to put the body back on, you know small stuff!!!

I got this damn vette in the shop with the rear out, Mr BillK has fixed that baby, 4 teeth missing from the pinion. Until that is gone I'm screwed on room. Four car shop and that damn chevelle eats up three spots!!!

You know that road by your new place makes a nice place to make a test blast!

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
Big blocks suck rocks

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wally:
Alright, where is the meeting this weekend??? All I'm doing is putting the new fuel and brake lines on the bare chassis, getting ready to put the body back on, you know small stuff!!!

I got this damn vette in the shop with the rear out, Mr BillK has fixed that baby, 4 teeth missing from the pinion. Until that is gone I'm screwed on room. Four car shop and that damn chevelle eats up three spots!!!

You know that road by your new place makes a nice place to make a test blast!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Wallu, come join us as the Open discussion 3 o'clockers

------------------
1972 Chevelle Malibu custom 4dr
Restoration started: February 10th 2001
Pic 1 , Pic 2 , Pic 3 and Pic 4
TC member #1278

G

·
ChaosMalibu

Where did you find an all door chevelle in the middle east??? I bet there is zero rust from living where there is no rain, or not much anyway. Buying gas for that thing must be interesting, I was in London and gas was about $5 a gallon. It might be cheaper there since there is so much of it in that region.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
Big blocks suck rocks

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Wally, the meeting is at Bill Margelos' house in Dayton,Md, if you click on the link in my sig and click on Calender of events and scroll to November meeting, it should have directions. Dayton is on the other side of Columbia, Md.

------------------
Leo Paugh
A.C.E.S.#3731
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Looks like I won't be making it. Rushing to get the interior done before the car goes out Monday AM for new top-have to get the rest done this weekend. Cousin says once the top's on, it OUT of his shop! Working on mine has gotten him revved up to start on his 65 Chevelle ragtop. They're gonna look nice sitting together.

------------------
71 Ragtop
MCC #347, TC (Gold) #174
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gee my car doesn't have any problems finding second gear... except that pesky little neck snapping and tire chirping, i really gotta do something about that.

Ya know one thing I may miss from Glen Burnie is this blown GTO that I haven't seen in person. The wife saw it the other day and made the positive ID, all I know is that it reminds me of a red 66 when it fires up

Hey at least I am close enough now that I can borrow dad's garage without having to drive from the other side of the state... Although he is talking about having both cars apart at one point or another this winter... Maybe later next year I can get him started back onto his 65.

I really need to find a new home for the 70 malibu project that I have. Oh well worst case scenario is that it sits for a while. So who's got a garage space I can use?!?!?! My labor is cheap it's the damn parts that are expensive....

Hmmm I think I know what I want for my birthday this year... By then we will most likely have replaced the electric stove... those powder coating kits look and work good

I'll see whomever can make it to the meeting tomorrow!

------------------
J.J. Fig
MCC member #256
Maryland Chevelle Club
Dad's 69 SS
Mom's 71 SS Convertible

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.