Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1970 Chevelle I just bought has new solid motor mounts. 454/350 combo, do I keep these mounts? Advantages/disadvantages?

------------------
Rod
Team Chevelle
Gold Member#22
1970 454

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
rod
from my experience n many hours of bench racing i find that if you can put up with a
little vibration that you might not even feel,i would leave them right where they are.
i think you will have a much better engine to frame connection and the motor surely aint
goin nowhere. but i have heard of bolts being pulled out of frame. most likely due to poor mounting. just keep em tight. hope this helps. just my opinion

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I find this hard to beleive but a racer friend of mine (he has been drag racing since the early 60s) told me he saw the side of an engine block torn out by solid mounts. I have them on my 67 and don't plan on changing them anytime soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You shouldn't have problems. If you don't like the vibration Lakewood and Suspension Techniques both sell (through Summit, Jegs, etc) a rubber/urethane type that has a built-in retainer. I use these and they work great, will not tear, and limit the engine movement when you get on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.