Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all (Hopefully Wes reads this),

I'm looking for some SoCal junkyards that may deal in late model(90's) parts. Ill be there on Monday the 12th and am looking for a pair of "sport type" bucket seats for my "hot rodded" '65 SS.

Ive read about a place called "Memory Lane" in the mags but that seems to be earlier years. Im looking for something to match up with my newly painted tangerine exterior and fawn colored door panels and headliner, maybe something in a camel(no jokes please).

Ive got a lot of the original pieces that ill be selling off at a later date, ie, original buckets,PG, exhaust manifolds, distributor, and also a TCI 350 with converter(after i get the 700R).

Im rambling, sorry.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bill- 65 SS Hardtop-

·
Registered
948 Posts
There are several junkyards that have 90's cars in them. All throughout San Diego and Oceanside. I believe there is in Ecology in San Diego. I know there is an Ecology in Riverside and a Pick-a-Part in Ontario. Can someone back me up here and give him directions to either of these places. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Bill-
I don't know of many yards around here.(only been to 2 so that doesn't help much) but could you email me when you want to sell the stock buckets? A friend of mine has been looking all over for 65 buckets for his 283 SS and has comeup short, so if you could let me know(so I can pass on the info) the shape, color and price for your buckets I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
501 Posts
The Pomona swap meet is on July 18, there are all the parts you would ever need for your Chevelle there. July 17 is venders day, the public is not supposed to be there but there are ways to get in even if you have to pay $20.00 at the gate and say you are going to get a venders space. All of the good deals are on saturday and the venders get first crack at it. {don't tell anybody I gave you the secret}

·
Registered
127 Posts
In the San Diego area take the 805 south to Otay Valley RD. and then go East (left) to Heritage RD and go left. If you go too far you will know if you go around a sharp right turn. When you go up Heritage RD. you will find many yards and 2 Ecologys next to each other and a Pick your part just down the road. If you want to find more go back out to Otay Valley RD and go left to the sharp right turn I mentioned and follow the road you will see the junk yards on the right side as you are driving up a hill there are about 25 of them in the area maybe more.

------------------
Gold Member #164

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh MAN!!!! All those yards so close together. And full of rust free cars!!! I was able to do 1 Pick a Part today because time wouldn't let me go to a second yard.

That's about the only thing I envy about SoCal!!!

Dave H.
Houston (BIG SPRAWLING Houston) TX

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thanks Joe,
I knew there was an Ecology in San Diego, but I didn't remember how to get there. Also are you talking about all the junkyards by the border?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info, Joe

I probably dont have enuff time to head all the way South, was hoping for something in the Orange Count, San Bernardino area.

I need to get back to Nevada by Monday wvwning so my time is somewhat limited.

Bill

·
Registered
423 Posts
BGiles;

The place I'd recommend is Marv's Chevy Only. they are in Sun Valley. Rather pricy but well organized.

Wes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes they are by the border. If you want to go to them and not the one's on Hertiage Rd continue heading south and take the highway that will take you to the Otay border crossing and the Donivin prision (just visiting I hope)keep you eye pelled to the left and you will see them. I think the name of the road is Brown Field you want to make a left on it and it will take you to junk yard heaven, there is an Ecology at this location also. Just remembered there is an AM/PM Mini-Market on the right side of the street where you need to turn left. I would recomend bringing a cooler and a few dollers for eats. They have some mobile Taco truck in the area sometimes and a cold beer and some really killer tacos make the day that much more fun.

------------------
Gold Member #164

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help guys!

I left before I got Wes' reply, but I did find the Picapart on Beach and an Ecology off Imperial Highway, No luck at either of those places. Did stop at OPG and buy a new dash pad, though!

I'm sort of in a quandry with the new seat decisions. I could redo my stock type, but that will cost me about $500 to redo and i'm not all that jazzed on the stock type seat for a longtime/term cruiser. A guy there in Socal(check out www.salesco.com) builds custom sport type buckets and will use my material(to match my Fawn interior) for about $800(ouchie!) or Tea's(Street Rodder advertiser) will sell me uncovered seats for about $450 but I cant get anyone locally(yet) to give me a quote on covering them. SIGH.

Anyway, im busy reinstalling all the trim and stuff as my SS just got out of the paint shop.

See ya's!

Thanks, Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.