Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I just finished up my install of my Sniper EFI system and did the initial setup and initial drive and first of all I love this thing I am so glad I ditched the Eddy Carb and went to this!

However I have a question.... During initial throttle input (like leaving the line or going to accelerate) I get a popping out of the exhaust but it goes away after a few seconds and also during cruise I get like a burping (popping but not as bad) is this timing related, ignition related, or Sniper related? If it's possibly Sniper related I have no problem running it for a while and seeing if it solves it I just don't want to hurt the motor (I can't remember what the AFR was when I am hearing this stuff) I don't know if my carb did this or not as that thing never ran right but I don't seem to remember anything like this. Timing is an MSD distributor with a vac advance setup and the quick advance springs and weight.

Also my PWM is running like 2.6 but it is always yellow I called Holley and they said that seemed like a decent value and you can adjust the threshold but I wanted to see what other people with the system thought.

One more thing I have 2 CTS 1 for the Holley (on top of the intake) and 1 for my Dakota Digital Gauges (on drivers side of the block) these 2 read a decent different temp but I'm not sure which one to believe. Is 1 location better than the other or should I just shoot the upper rad hose with an IR thermometer?

These might all be simple stupid questions and I apologize if they are but I'm trying to learn.

On a side note when you install a sniper system be sure the O2 sensor wires are well secured such that they don't touch the exhaust (you can ask me how I know this)......

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
some of the temp sensors do not work correctly that come in the kit. You can get a replacement local. as for the poping not sure what that is I know my sniper does not do that.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Could be a number of things. Maybe timing too retarded. Or valves not adjusted properly

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts