Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil filter clearance problem on my Gen. VI 502. A regular AC PF1218 filter fits fine once it is installed, but there isn't enough room between the header and the oil pan (side kickouts) to remove or install the filter without loosening the header. A filter that is approximately 3/8" smaller in diameter would fit fine. I know a remote oil filter would fix the problem, but I don't want the risk of having oil lines near the headers, nor do I want to change the by-pass valve in the engine block. Does anyone know of an adapter available so I can use a smaller diameter filter?

·
Lifetime Founding Member
767 Posts
My B/B is a gen IV , but perhaps this will help. I run the Morosso 6 qt pan with side kick outs.
With a small modification to the header, the only filter I can get to fit is made by Fram.
It is a racing filter, model HP-4.
It seems to be a little bit smaller in Diameter. Works for me, but I can only fill it about 1/2 to 3/4 full when installing it because of the angle required to sneak it between the corner of the pan and the header pipe.

Hope this helps...

Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.