Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my dash down and notice that the ignition switch wiring is a little fried. What I mean is the wiring looks melted.
This is what i'm thinking about doing is getting the same guage wires and cutting out he bad and splicing in the new with new connectors and getting a new ignition switch from some body. Will this hold me until I get a new harness sometime down the road?

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL
67SS Yellow right now:(

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Tom
It should hold fine as long as you do a good job on the splices. If you can solder each splice, it should ensure that you don't have problems down the road. Nothing more frustrating than looking for an intermittent problem caused by crummy splices.

BTW-R U sure that whatever caused the meltdown is fixed?

------------------
Rick (Abilene Texas)
72 El Camino
TPI350/700r4

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question Rick.
The meltdown didn't happen with me I noticed it when i pull the dash down to find out how come my dash light and wipers weren't working that when I saw the ignition switch meltdown. It looks like someone had tried to fix it prior to me I'm hoping it was a bad job on there behaft.
Thanks for the info guys

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL
67SS Yellow right now:(

·
Registered
287 Posts
MadMax... check out the following website. You might be in for a nice surprise. These guy's make a lot of the wiring harnesses that OPG & Year One etc... sell. The quality is supposed to be excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Hope it helps

http://www.wiringharness.com

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada.
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

WebSite www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.