Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what I can expect from my newly built small block 406 in my 71' Chevelle?

Overview:
Dart Sportsman heads 72cc. 202/160, about 9:1 compression, matching intake, roller tip promagnum comp cams rockers, .488 lift, Holley 750cfm VS, internally balanced crank, MSD ignition, TH400 with a 1000 over stock stall converter, 12-bolt posi, Moser axles, 3:73 gears. The rest of the car has a complete Hotchkis suspension upgrade. Car weights about 3200lbs.

Just wondering what to expect when i fire this up this spring.......thanks for your input

Lee

·
Registered
38 Posts
Need a little more info. to get you an accurate #. What type of intake are you using, what kind of exhaust system, what headers, duration(at .050)of cam, any mods to the heads? If you also want an E.T. I'll need typical weather conditions(including elevation) and tire size/type. Compression is a little low but by what I can tell so far, you're probably looking at some low 13's maybe some high 12's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.