Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm no math wiz but I can count to TWO. If you order something on Feb 1 with 2 day shipping, then see FIVE days later that it's not even in the mail yet.... UGH!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Up here in the rural northwest we rely on shippers to deliver the stuff we order, most of it shipped from hundreds or even thousands of miles away. The U.S. Postal Service does a surprisingly good job, as does UPS. Fed-Ex is another story. They have bungled more deliveries (to me) in the past year than I can count. I do not know how such a company stays in business. Perhaps they provide decent service in urban areas, but not out here in the sticks. This is no slap in the face to their drivers and package handlers, only to their corporate-level managers, those who make policy-level decisions.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Well it's only 2 days from China but it takes 5 days to process the order so that would technically be 2 days shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
Order a $3 rc toy battery and it takes five weeks from China.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Com'on Darren! When they get them, they will get them to you in 2 days. Simple... :D

I've been bitten by this several times because I use "Free" shipping. It took me about 6 weeks to get some gaskets from Remflex through Amazon. I called Remflex and they claimed that they had them in stock, so it was just Amazon screwing up. By the way, the gaskets were replacements for the ones that they broke in two when they bent the package in half so that it would fit in a box. There were BIG red letters across the top "DO NOT BEND!"

This is why I try to buy local as much as I can.

Reactions: Steve R

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looking for a good pair of 6x9's and these have great reviews. What electronic stuff is not made in China is probably a better question???
And how is 120.00 for a pair of 6x9's cheap?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Just looking for a good pair of 6x9's and these have great reviews. What electronic stuff is not made in China is probably a better question???
And how is 120.00 for a pair of 6x9's cheap?
I was referring to the guy that bought a $3.00 RC battery from China not your speakers. Read all of the posts.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I try not to buy Chinese junk, but sometimes it is impossible as China is the only source. As for car parts, I am more likely to buy used, rebuild the stuff I have or find a reliable source for new stuff. I know i'm trying to buy U.S. made parts for my L78 engine project. I've bought some NOS stuff even.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
I'm no math wiz but I can count to TWO. If you order something on Feb 1 with 2 day shipping, then see FIVE days later that it's not even in the mail yet.... UGH!!!!
i ordered some adapters for computer display and it was to take only 7-12days for the free shipping.
they came in about 30days later :frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
When any of my free two day shipping takes longer I just think of the last three boxes I ordered at 80 pounds a piece all for free shipping. Back in the day that would have cost a hundred bucks shipping

1 - 13 of 13 Posts