Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much of the slip yoke should be showing? On mine, there's about 1.1 inches of the yoke showing from the tail of the trans to the "end" of the yoke (of the part that slips into the trans). Obviously, there needs to be some play available there for when the rear end articulates up or down, etc. Is 1" too much?

I hope this question makes sense.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
How much of the slope yolk should be showing? On mine, there's about 1.1 inches of the yolk showing from the tail of the trans to the "end" of the yolk (of the part that slips into the trans). Obviously, there needs to be some play available there for when the rear end articulates up or down, etc. Is 1" too much?

You should be good to go.

Verle

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
A yolk is the yellow part of an egg. A yoke is the piece that slips into the tranny.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And I'm an English teacher!

In the futre I will profread diligantlee.

Tnanks for the hlp! :)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
How much of the slope yoke should be showing? On mine, there's about 1.1 inches of the yoke showing from the tail of the trans to the "end" of the yoke (of the part that slips into the trans). Obviously, there needs to be some play available there for when the rear end articulates up or down, etc. Is 1" too much?

The amount showing isn't telling the whole story. My local drive shaft shop uses 3/4" to 1" of movement before it bottoms with the car on all four.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts