Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the location of the signal flasher in a 1972 chevelle s.s The 4 way flasher is located in the fuse box However I cannot find the flasher for the turn signals. Please help, Thank you

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
For some odd reason the signal flasher is at the end of a long piece of wiring that is located near the radio. Listen closely when you move the turn signal lever.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fritzy,
It's on top of the steering column under the dash in a little spring clip. If you pull the plastic piece covering the bottom of the column, you can just see it at the very top between the dash and the ignition switch box.

·
Registered
97 Posts
the flasher could be on or near the steering column, or up higher. if someone has replaced it before, it may not even be back in the u-shaped retainer.

a word of advice...if you are replacing it and don't tow a trailer, get the original 2 bulb flasher from a dealer (i believe it's marked #227) or year one has it listed in their catalog. the replacement flashers you buy at parts stores, usually #552 are not as loud and are classified as heavy duty, meaning that they will contiune flashing the remaining bulbs and your dash indicator, even when a lamp burns out.

the original type flasher will stop flashing on that side if a bulb goes out or does not making contact in the socket, a good safety item to let you know of a non-working bulb.

i have my flasher clip up high in the dash near the a/c panel so it can be heard better. the retainer clip helps to echo the click click of the flasher.

[This message has been edited by DAVID IN GA (edited 10-10-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.