Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i am new to your site. i have been over at the camaro site for awhile. my dad has a 64 chevelle conv [almost done] and a friend of mine is working on a 67 chevelle. well i have a question regarding the 67. it's a 67 chevelle malibu 283 # matching car.the question i have is we are seeing some 67 with a spacer type shroud between the radiator support and radiator.i am familar with this on the 64. but had not seen it on a 67 till today.my friend's does not have this is it suppose to???? his car does have a/c factory.i told him maybe a/c cars don't suppose to have it or maybe they stopped using it in mid year, just don't know can you chevelle guru's help us out here?? thanks

·
Administrator
15,811 Posts
It is actually a spacer. The small block cars had them to bring the radiator closer to the fan. The 6 cyl and BB cars did not have them. If converting to the long pump with a small block it will need to be removed. I'm not sure when it was discontinued, but I know they used them in 64 & 65. Philip

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 67 has this spacer for its 283, so it was definately around in 67. Maybe it depended on the type of fan, I've got a solid
4-blade. I bet AC cars came with clutch fans which would extend toward the radiator more, eliminating the need for the spacer.

Rob

------------------
Now: 67 Malibu 4-door
283/PG
In 5 years: 69 COPO/427

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think your right Rob, SB w/AC had clutch fan and bigger rad. and no spacer.
-------------
Brett
'67
SS396
clone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.