Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Malibu
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Thought this would be a great chance for everyone to show off their non SS chevelles. I really fought the urge to make my car into a clone. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion but wanted to see what other directions you guys took your rides. I did however put in an SS dash and have SS stripes.... So lets see em!

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Building a pro-touring type El Camino currently. Link to my blog in my signature.

Looks like we're neighbors. I live outside of Puyallup. You on the TCNW site also?

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,173 Posts
Click on my user name then on view public profile. It doesn't have to say SS on it to be a nice car. It's like having a Wolf in Sheeps clothing.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,616 Posts
My Malibu. Not Pro Touring but stayed with Malibu trim. SS wheels though. Stock 255 hp 350, 200 4R, and factory AC.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
see my sig for a ratty Malibu.
doesn't have to be shiny or an SS to be a cool car :D

·
Registered
1970 Malibu
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Building a pro-touring type El Camino currently. Link to my blog in my signature.

Looks like we're neighbors. I live outside of Puyallup. You on the TCNW site also?
Oh yeah right down the road. Small world. Im stationed at JBLM and my car is back in CA. Unfortunately I dont have anywhere to keep her out of the rain. Shes currently getting some wiring done. But no Im not on that site. Ill check it out. Looks like a great build you got going on there.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Malibu Core… Parents bought the car new in '72. No SS badges, just rebuilt the way we wanted it to be. Pretty heavy Pro-Touring influence, but more of a cruiser.

Original block stroked to 383 (396hp/454lbft)
Detroit Speed suspension on all 4-corners
Modified 700R4
Column to console conversion
Tilt column conversion
Bench to bucket conversion
Wilwood disc conversions

Just a fun cruiser...

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
My first chevelle!
Going up for sale shortly and this 1's gonna hurt. :(

I've seen Jerry's car in person, somebody better jump on this one fast! Very nice and done right and a dry car too. East coaster take notice. He is asking a very reasonable price for it too.

·
Registered
1970 Malibu
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Malibu Core… Parents bought the car new in '72. No SS badges, just rebuilt the way we wanted it to be. Pretty heavy Pro-Touring influence, but more of a cruiser.

Original block stroked to 383 (396hp/454lbft)
Detroit Speed suspension on all 4-corners
Modified 700R4
Column to console conversion
Tilt column conversion
Bench to bucket conversion
Wilwood disc conversions

Just a fun cruiser...
im in the same boat as you. just a 70 malibu built how i wanted it. what color did you go with? it looks great. i went with ppg arrival blue metalic with black ss stripes with blue pearl.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
All ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour 2014. We're planing to do the long haul, hope to see you guys on the road.

Attachments

Reactions: 68SuperSport*
1 - 20 of 130 Posts