Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just bought a 67 SS. His wife refuses to ride in it (hold comments, please)unless he installs shoulder belts. I believe the 67's did not come with that option. What would be the best option for doing so without going to a full roll bar and 5 pt harness? Also, does anyone know for sure if shoulder belts were availible in 67?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't believe the '67 came with any type of shoulder belt. (But I've been wrong before) Did they even have retractors on the floor? You could always go with a 4 or 5 point harness. Summit has one that bolts to the floor for a reasonable amount. Others they have work with a roll bar. Check them out.

------------------
Don - Chicago 'Burbs
'67 Malibu Street Machine
"Under Construction"
Gold #43
I've heard that the memory is the second thing to go.
I don't remember what the first thing is!?

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
According to the option listing in the '67 section of this sight, AS1 was the option code for shoulder belts for 67+. What "+" means, I don't know...I would assume 67 and up. Maybe there is someone out there who's headliner is not installed that could see if the bolt holes exist if no one here actually has them installed. 67 was a year for many mandatory safety improvements, maybe offering that option was one of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 67 HTP has two threaded holes for shoulder
belts on both sides. They are located at about the middle of the rear window. It should not be that hard to install a pair from a 70-72 Nova .

Don

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I just bought replacement lap belts for my 67 and at the same time I picked up an owner's manual. The manual states that all 67 Chevelles have mounting locations for shoulder belts.

My wife is griping about not having the shoulder belts (but she will ride in the car). I've never seen the shoulder belts in one of these but I'd like to know if I could get them.

------------------
Rick Sutter
Member #383
'67 SS 396
San Antonio, TX
www.sutternet.com/chevelle.asp

G

·
My 67 has no post, so I don't know where you would put the belts. It has lap belts but no shoulder belts. 68 was the first year they were madatory, then only after Jan. 1 . I bought a 68 road runner new, it had them and the beginning of smog junk.

If your wife wants sone real seat belts think about Simpson's 5 point harness. You need a roll bar to attach them to, but they are nice.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 09-24-99).]

·
Registered
313 Posts
YES. YES. You can do it. My repro sales brochure says they were an option. My liner is out and the anchor is there. By the way, you can also install them for the rear seats. I plan to do both. I have Sundells looking for a set to rob from a later car right now.
jmw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.