Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
only tint it if you want fewer uv and other light rays piercing the interior and less visibility from outside in and, to a lesser extent, from inside out. or if you want a bit of that overall "stealth" look....otherwise, dont tint.
read as: its a personal choice, if you want it, do it, if not, dont...or, as dscabra so wisely suggested, try it, then you'll know for sure....simple huh?

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
As a general rule (personal of course) I don't care for window tint on muscle cars. But last weekend there was a red "66 or '67 at one our local tracks that had it's windows tinted. It actually looked real nice. So now I say do "your thing" and as mentioned before if you don't like the way it looks later just peel it off.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i have a 65 chevelle and my windows are tinted but lite not dark. and it looks good!:thumbsup:
Scott, have any pic's?? I've toyed with that idea myself....can't decide on my 65, I really want really dark....and my car is Black(of course)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well guys i did it got my windows tinted 35% 3m tint thats a light tint i really like it would like to put a pic with this thread but im only a free member but i have a old pic i posted some time ago in the show room under T.C.66 its a 4 door 66 chevelle.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
mine is tinted.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
The windows in my 65 have the tinted film. It helped with the heat in the California sun. After living with it a couple of years, I'm not so sure I like the tinted film. In some was it doesn't seem right for a muscle car. Besides, I mostly drive with the 4 windows down anyway. That means only the back window shows the tint. Also, the film can be damaged easily. My windows have/had the factory green tint. I've about 90% decided to remove the tinted film. Still trying to decide. Any comments on the look would be appreciated.

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/showphoto.php/photo/8454/cat/500/ppuser/26729

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The windows in my 65 have the tinted film. It helped with the heat in the California sun. After living with it a couple of years, I'm not so sure I like the tinted film. In some was it doesn't seem right for a muscle car. Besides, I mostly drive with the 4 windows down anyway. That means only the back window shows the tint. Also, the film can be damaged easily. My windows have/had the factory green tint. I've about 90% decided to remove the tinted film. Still trying to decide. Any comments on the look would be appreciated.

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/showphoto.php/photo/8454/cat/500/ppuser/26729
I think it looks sharp as-is.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
You might check with your local and state police about just how much you can tint your windows. Many have laws about how dark you can go. I don't know the exact percentage allowed in here in Oklahoma but I know if the police can't see the driver inside the car and tell what's going on, you'll get a ticket and be told to have it removed.

Remember they're tinted at night too. :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Like HDR said,
Protect your investment, IE the interior of your car from harmfull UV rays. This will fade, crack and eventually force you to replace your interior again. Tinting your window will cut down on the heat shining thru clear glass and on a hot day it's hard to stay cool. Down south this is a good idea. Up north where you have only limited sunny days? Up to you like it was said early, rip it off if you don't like it.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
In California, I was told by the tint shop that the front door windows can't be dark tinted. Funny how may cops have given me a thumbs-up through those dark windows. Maybe they're giving me a pass? Good to hear everyone's comments and pic's. Now I'm leaning towards keeping the tint film, although I may reduce the percentage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts