Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from picking a 68 4-door parts car clean. The guy had the gas tank off, and said I could just take it if I wanted, since I paid for whatever was left on the car. I didn't want it stinking up the garage, so I left it there. I'm going back for a few odds and ends tomorrow. So should I get the gas tank? Are there alot of people looking for these? I know it fits 68-72, and that they also repro them. I'm wondering if I'll be able to sell it if I take it. I'm thinking that $25 would be a good deal for someone looking for one. Although, since I live in Washington, I'm guessing the demand might not be as high as back east where the roads are salted. Help me make up my mind!

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I think it's just a 68/69 piece. I would take it if I were in your shoes. The problem I had with mine was the neck seperated from the tank just from use..no rust involved.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Definitely take if you haven't already, I live in the northeast and they are hard to find here. Plus the repo tanks don't come with fuel necks you have to reuse your old one. Had I known someone had one for $25 I would have scooped it up! I ended up grabbing one from a bone yard off a 72 that had emissions and my original one didn't. Once I bolted it up I discovered that one leaked too!! So I had to seal it and plug up all the vent holes...works great now, but it was a pain in the *&^%! Grab all you can, it's all worth something to someone out there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.