Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone ever had a problem with shorty headers compared to the full length ones. and can anyone give out any suggestion on what company to use. i am his father and i whould like some info on what to buy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just went through this. I may have screwed up and got the wrong ones (Hedman 68610) for my 67 BB. The collectors were 2 1/4 and dumped out pretty low, exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I found a good exhaust man who spread the collectors, cut them at an angle, and mated up the pipe pretty well. The rest fell into place fine, including Super Hemi Turbos, nice idle rumble and quieter than most, just what I wanted.

I would definitely talk directly to the manufacturer and get their input prior to ordering and find out the difference in installed height of the collectors for both shorty and traditional hedders.

John Walker

[This message has been edited by jmw (edited 09-16-2001).]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put a set of shorty Hedman headers on my '71 last weekend. The shortys sure are easy to get on, compared to the full length one that were on it. On thing i hate about full length is they would drag on the ground and give you an exhaust leak every time you would haul ass across a dip.

Call up summit, see it they have the onew you need. My headers were at my door just a few days for $99.

Or if you want to get some realy nice ones, check out sanderson, they look great andthere flanges are very thick, they look to be of alot higher quailty then the headmans. ( but they cost about 2x as much)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put a set of shorty Hedman headers on my '71 last weekend. The shortys sure are easy to get on, compared to the full length one that were on it. On thing I hate about full length is they would drag on the ground and give you an exhaust leak every time you would haul ass across a dip.

Call up summit, see it they have the new you need. My headers were at my door just a few days for $99.

Or if you want to get some really nice ones, check out sanderson, they look great and there flanges are very thick, they look to be of a lot higher quality then the headmans. ( but they cost about 2x as much)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.