Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 17 and I just purchased my first chevelle. Does anyone know where to get a shop manual for a 67 malibu? Or a place to pick up wiring diagrams, torque patterns, vaccume diagrams etc etc etc.

Also, the motor is a 327 thats pretty much stock, this is sort of a no brainer but I cant seem to get the water pump off. I took out 3 bolts and it seems to be pivoting from a 4th. I looked and felt all around the pump and can't find a bolt head. Am I missing it toally or is this just a preasure fit of some kind? I didnt want to force it and cause some kind of damage, thats *all* I need is somthing else to break :p Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Your missing a bolt, its held on by Four (4). Sometimes its a different type, stud bolt that the battery gound cable is attached to, especially in a non-A/C car.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here is a trick to remember.

Look at the gaskets that came with the replacement water pump. There should be two gaskets. Obviously, the large hole is for the water. The other holes are locations where a bolt could be positioned. Look in those locations.

This idea works for things like the intake manifold or head gaskets also.

The stickler with the water pump gaskets is that there are four holes in the gasket. One hole is the large water passage. On the drivers side, only the two closest to the water hole are used for bolts. On the passenger side, two of the holes are for bolts, and the remaining one is a water by-pass line.

Wes.

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
As for the shop manuals, you can get them from most of the aftermarket suppliers and be sure to get the "assembly manual" of factory info on how the car goes together. I have had some good luck in finding shop manuals in the local used book stores and I think that they have clearer photos than the repro stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.