Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my existing factory style front shocks with a pair of high performance units and do not know how either KYB's or Koni shocks perform. Has anyone used either of these FRONT shocks on their Chevelles? If you have please let me know what ride differences you noticed when changing from stock shocks...stiffer, softer or no change? And how well do the adjustable shocks perform and do you REALLY notice a difference on different settings? Thanks for the feedback folks!

------------------

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hi Wes, Put a pair of koni's on the front of my SS 454 P/U and they helped alot over the stock shocks which are pretty stiff from the factory on these SS trucks, took out alot of the sway, if they made a set the looked like factory Chevelle stuff I would switch in a second, Good Luck, L98SEDAN

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wes, I run a set of KYBs on my 64 and they work just right for me. They're a ton stiffer than the stock shocks. For the price I don't think they can be beat.
Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
just my opinion, but most premium aftermarket shocks are relatively equal( depending on intended use). Koni and KYB have always been two of the "better" brands at a premium price. Look for things like "hard chrome plated piston rods" and multiple stage valving in making your choice. Typically the more stages the better the control over a wider range of use. If your intention is serious racing rather than cruising my preference is Koni or Bilstein.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the sensatrac is shock with a feature that increases or decreases shock absorber control levels depending on the position of the piston within the shock tube. Just my opinion, but these "gimmics" are not intended for performance applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.