Team Chevelle banner

Shiftworks floor shift

283 4
I have a 64 with a original automatic console floor shift. It has been converted to Shiftworks cable style shifter for a 4L60. Some times I get a little over zealous and bang through overdrive into neutral. Is there away to or does someone make a detent to keep this from happening? Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
12,800 Posts
Did you get the conversion kit with a ratchet detent? I recently bought the Shiftworks ratchet detent for my 2004R but havent swapped the T400 out yet though so cant say how well it works

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car came with Shiftworks set up. I am trying to find out if someone has made a detent for their setup that has a stop between neutral and 4th gear (OD). If not I am going to try to make one that has it.

· Premium Member
13,416 Posts
There should have been a detent included as part of the kit, some lazy ass left it out!! get in touch with Shiftworks and good luck with your car!!

· Registered
48 Posts
I think what the OP is asking is if anyone makes a detent plate that has an actual detent between neutral and overdrive. On the Shiftworks plate its a smooth transition, nothing to actually lock the shifter into either position, at least that's how it was on the plate I received for my '69. I'm curious about this as well. Sure it isn't a major issue in most cases but to me it just seems sloppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts