Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading one of the questions about carpet and it was mentioned that the carpet purchased was for a large shifter hump. (i.e bench seat 4-speed) Was there a small and large shifter hump made during that year? I have a console deleat 4-speed car and have purchased the console and it doesn't fit to good. I feel like I'm going to have to modify it to get it into the car. Let me know if anybody has had any problems with this situation. Also if a car was an automatic before and changed to a 4-speed would it have had a different size hump?
Thanks Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Automatic cars have no shift hump, but the bench seat cars have a large square shaped shift hump and console cars have a skinnier rectangle shaped hump. I installed buckets and console in my 69 which originally was a bench seat 4 speed, I had to remove the old shift hump and install the console version, it's just spot welded to the floor pan. The shift humps are readily available for about $60.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is correct! I was the one who had the carpet problem. If your car is console delete with buckets, I bet you have the bench seat hump. This would make sense. Remove the hump and replace with console hump. Time to hack some sheet metal!

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.