Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone with a '68-72 4 sp non-console car with an original or repro shifter bezel and boot give me the dimensions on those? I'm wanting to install same on my '69 that has a big Hurst boot on it now. The shifter (Hurst CP) sticks way above the hump now. 5 1/4" from top of hump to top mounting bolt for shift handle. I may have to fabricate a new mounting bracket for between the shifter mech. and trans to lower it. Also need hump height from floor to top of hump at front and rear of hump. Top of carpet to top of carpet dimension will do. TIA.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I can get a repop shifter hump. I'm trying to find out if I need to-- if my cut and welded hump is not high enough.

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
von,
I have a parts car with the same setup. I can get the dimensions for you and send them to you by email this week. It is a clean uncut floor so I will be able to give you exact measurements for the items you listed. I also have the bezel and boot somewhere so I will track them down and give those to you also.

Jeff

------------------
Jeff
Georgia
69SS and 67 Elky

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff, Thank you very much, in advance.

------------------

·
Super Moderator
13,090 Posts
Von,
Just went out and measured the hump on my 71. It is about 4" from the floor at the back and 5 1/2" at the front. This is carpet to carpet, measured to the passenger side floor, from a straight edge laid across the hump. My car has a Comp Plus shifter with the oem plate and a Hurst boot.
Hope this helps,

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

[This message has been edited by BillK (edited 02-07-2000).]

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bill. I hate to press my luck, but would you mind measuring the height of the top mounting bolt of the shifter handle above the hump? Mine is 5" above the carpet. My hump is 4" high in back and 5" in front, carpet to carpet. Oh, and the length and width of the oem bezel? TIA.

------------------

·
Super Moderator
13,090 Posts
Von,
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures. I have the trans out of the car so I cannot measure the shifter height. The OEM plate measures approx 8 1/2 square. If it will help, the shifter is still bolted to the trans and I could take some measurements off it, or even a pic if you want. E-mail me.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.