Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16 years old, and I own a 72 El Camino. I've just bolted on a new Edelbrock Performer manifold and a Holley Dominator Carb. The automatice shift kickdown no longer reaches the carb, so its just sitting on the manifold. Its not a real big problem, but if there is an easy fix for it I would appreciate it!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
2 options:
1: get a new one
2: cut and weld

Sounds like a 307 w/ 4bbl problem to me and I just welded in some bar stock. I could have scavanged a yard for a 350/powerglide rod but hey fire is cool.

------------------
Francis Taracido
[email protected]
Proud Patron of Quadzilla

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Elky,
Edelbrock makes a bracket just for this reason. It bolts to the rear two manifold bolts and can accept the throttle cable, kickdown, and even cruise control if needed. All three are fully adjustable. I do not have the part number here at home but you should be able to get it at any well stocked speed shop.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
Registered
777 Posts
72Elky,
BillK is right Edelbrock makes that bracket. Edelbrock also makes an extension for the carb linkage knobs. These should work for both the accelerator linkage and kickdown. I just did this 307 2bbl to 4bbl conversion, so if you have any questions or just comments pelase feel free to email me.
Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.