Team Chevelle banner

Sheilding gas

769 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  cromedss
I have a Lincoln Weld Pack 3200 home mig. I have 2 chevelle's that are in need of panel replacement/body work.

Not being a shop I may be welding one month and then not fire it up again for a year...who knows. What m getting at is I cant see renting a tank. I want to purchase a small tank that will fit in space provided on my welder.

I dont know of sizes but I think what Im loking for is something in the 20-30 lbs tank range.

My question is what size should I look to obtain and any recomendations where to obtain one. All of my local gas supply houses only want to rent me a tank and most of them are the large 4' tall tanks.

Any insight to a newbie welder is appretiated.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
I leased my tank. If I remember correctly it was something like $20 for ten years and the first fill was free. Couldn't turn that down.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.