Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if it's just that I'm bored with winter or have been reading too much. Thinking of shaving the door handles and installing door poppers and locks. Anybody done this? Like, don't like? Still working on putting in the Dakota dash and gauges. A little rust to chase and a paint job and the car will be done.....? Until the next project. A bad day of wrenching is better than a good day at work!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
be cool for a rest mod or pro touring i think, not a normal era muscle car, but also likely one of the last mods you would do to finish ya car off...

im going resto mod on my 71 and i have a list as long as my arm of stuff to still do and door poppers aren't even on it..yet..

just my two cents

·
Registered
208 Posts
I shaved the door handles on my 68 ElCo back in the late 70's. Rare to see them back then. I liked the look then and still do. I'm no working on my second 68 ElCo and have not decided to go there....yet. But maybe.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
All in what you like while you enjoy it. Will you get more on resale probably not
Passed on a real nice truck this week because of them. They eventually go bad. Weak battery? no thanks
Remote fob for door locks probably would do.
Make the car yours enjoy dont worry about what we think.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like the king dig it door handles, they'll give you that shaved door handle look while allowing you to retain a mechanical handle for opening the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts