Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using the GMPP serpentine system on the zz502.I recently purchased a 502 need to know if a regular fan will work with this system or do I have to switch to electric fans. The 502 is going in a 71 big block chevelle.How about hood clearance? The car has the stock SS hood. Any other surprises I should know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a GMPP serperntine belt kit with a/c a couple of weeks ago. I have a GM502 in my 70 but I can't get the power steering pump to mount onto the motor without hitting the steering box. I am curious to know if anyone out there has put one on their chevelle. If so, what power steering pump did they use?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have a hood clearance issue?I haven'tyet installed my 502its on a engine stand with the a/c brackets and compressor installed,looks to me like a possible hood clearance issue.I was going to install the serpentine system on the engine before I install the engine in the car. Will my hood clear the top of the a/c compressor? I'm not far enough along to see if I have a power steering pump issue also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am using a factory SS flapper hood and have about 2 inches of clearance at the a/c compressor. That's not a problem. I have sent GM several e-mails and have gotten one response so far. They stated that the 'Summer School Chevelle' is a 'custom, one-of-a-kind car', however it certainly looks like a factory frame, frame mount/motor mount location, etc to me. I haven't been able to find a complete build article anywhere. If I find anything else out, I'll send another reply. Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts