Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to September's Ride of the Month Contest!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

July's ROTM Winner @Saltherring

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone here's my 1970, favorite memory is cruising with my 9 year old who loves the car.
Spec are below with photos:
Vehicle: 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle
Engine/Drivetrain: 383 Stroker (carbureted) w/ TH350 Transmission, Long Tube Headers with 2.5 Inch Exhaust, 12 Bolt Posi Rear End (looking to upgrade to a 3-inch Flow Master exhaust. Have a cutout system to add to a 3-inch stored in the garage)
Vehicle Paint: Dark Graphite II
Wheels: RIdler 650 wrapped in Toyo tires (Gunmetal w/ polished lip)
Cooling: Champion Aluminum Radiator, Mishimoto Silicone Radiator Hoses, 180 degree thermostat, Mishimoto Dual Electric Fans
Suspension/Brakes: Aldan American Coilovers, CPP Drop Spindles, Umi F/R Sway Bars, Umi F/R Braces, CPP Tubular Front Control Arms, CPP Rear Trailing Arms, CPP Brake Kit F/R, Energy Suspension Body Mounts
Steering: Upgraded Steering Gear box (fast ratio)
Interior: Sweep Dash, Sparco L777 Steering Wheel w/ NRG 3.0 Quick Release, Custom Stitched Leather Bench Seats and Black Interior
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
674 Posts
1969 El Camino, Custom model originally with a V8, not sure which.
It's currently sporting a 5.3 liter, DBW. 4L60e tranny customized to hold original speedo gears.
12 bolt 3.73 gears. Aftermarket AC keeps it cool as a cucumber going down the highway running on cruise control.

I picked it up in Tennessee. The fella I got it from then hands me an ownership from Ohio, say what?
It was born in Fremont and I believe lived most of her life in southern States as the whole bottom is rust free.

It was olive green when I got it and after a quickie paint job, she's looking pretty good in a red that I have no idea of what it is. Supposed to be Victory red, but came out brighter.
I deleted the reverse lights in the gate, relocated badge to the center of the "SS" stripe. Four corners got Chevelle marker lights and SS park lamps up front. One piece side windows for a clean look were installed.
American Racing, Centerline look a likes.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts

View attachment 720353

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
Thanks, Bill,

Reactions: Billdini

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts

View attachment 720353

Thanks, Hank.

·
Registered
1968 Chevelle Malibu, upgraded to a 396/TH400 from a 327/PG
691 Posts
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

Here we are again. Happy September, everyone. Cruising season is starting to wind down a bit here in Minnesota. This is Charlotte the Chevelle. 1968 Malibu with a 396. I bought it like this and have done very little to it. I rebuilt the carburetor this past spring, added the obligatory tachometer hose clamped to the steering column, and re attached the Bob’s Big Boy bobble head to the rear package tray. Future upgrades include some sort of A/C, radio/stereo upgrade, rebuilding the 53 year old rear end, etc. Nothing too major. My wife has been driving it a little more lately and she’s really seeming to enjoy it. My favorite memories with the car happen just about every time I take it out for a ride. This year, my dad and I went to our first big car show with it. That was a great time and time spent with my dad is always quality time.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts

View attachment 720353

Thanks, Eugene (Bonkerman)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts