Team Chevelle banner

Cast Your Tiebreaking Vote for September!

• skreddy - #6

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • usc2001gc - #7

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Brody - #8

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • rburnette - #9

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
1968 Malibu 307, powerglide the day I struck a deal for it.

I had been trying to buy this car for 15 years. I bought it at 33 and first knocked on the guy’s door when I was 17 years old and went by about every 6 months to let him know I was still interested. Easter 2017 I drove by again after talking with my father in law swapping stories about the 68 Camaro he used to have and the 68 Malibu I had when I started driving. Owner was by the road so I slowed down and he said “yep, I’m ready”. Was all original, blue interior with bench seat and column shift, seized engine and 3 seized drum brakes. From my research, I am the third owner; first owner had the car bought for her 16th birthday and drove it until the early 90’s when second owner bought it and parked it.
Later that week after a wash and spray down with Ospho with my then 9 month old.

A little sanding and buffing.

Car currently has a 460, 10.5:1, roller cam, M20 Muncie, 3” Pypes exhaust, converted to black interior with buckets and a console, C5 four wheel disc brakes, adjustable upper a arms, circle track springs and adjusters, 1.25” sway bar and added a Duragrip posi and 3.55 gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts