Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to start redoing the interior in my car and I definitely want to use the sem products to do it. I am having a hard time finding them around here. Does anybody know where to buy this stuff. I checked the eastwood company, and I was a little confused
It looks like they sell the vinly prep, the plastic prep, and the vinyl dye, but I can find any plastic dye. Is this what they call the black satin trim paint??

[This message has been edited by THE DUDE (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Most automotive paint stores will carry the SEM brand of paints. Another product that I would recommend for painting/dyeing plastic is "Marhyde" (spelling ?). There was a write up about it in a past issue of Muscle Car Review. Redid my kick panels, and they look GREAT. It is available at Wal-Mart and parts stores, normally in the automotive touch-up paint section. Try it, you'll like it.

Kent
'68 Malibu ZZ502/502

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dude, its actually called SEM Plastic Paint and is available at most auto paint suppliers in this area. The Plastic Paint works well on the rigid palstic parts of your interior, such as console, arm rest bases, seat backs, etc. The Vinyl Dye works well for the soft vinyl parts such as door panels. Best results with either product are achieved by using the plastic or vinyl prep and following the label directions closely.
There has been a great deal of discussion here on the topic of products to use to re-finishing your interior. A number of products work well, but the consensus seems to favor the SEM line of products. Do a search and I'm sure you will find a wealth of useful information and interesting reading.Good luck.

------------------
Patrick, aka Merlin
1968 SS 396/325 4-Speed, White with black vinyl top & black interior.
TC#1017

1 - 3 of 3 Posts