Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here looking for some help or input from the Chevelle experts.

A close widowed friend of mine owns this Chevelle which was her late husband’s.

She is interested in selling it and would like to know more about it.

Unfortunately the title has been lost, she is in the process of replacing the title.

The number on the driver dash plate is 136370R208160. We believe this to be the VIN #?

She understands it to be a 1970 (Malibu) Chevelle SS 454.

She is not sure if it is a true SS 454 car or a clone?

Also what is the market price range for this type of Chevelle?

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
you're going to need to get all the numbers off the block and rear end. more than likely it's a clone.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm leaning to it being a clone as well - extremely hard to determine for this year. That being said, the car presents very well in the photos provided. Not a big fan of the cloth interior and the column shift automatic, but if in fact it is a clone, I'd still value it at 35K-40K if the paint and body are as nice as your limited photos depict, maybe higher.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Mine’s a 454 clone. Good amount done to the motor suspension and transmission. Gear vendors overdrive.

Hagerty valued it a 46k for coverage.

Insurance valuation aren’t indicative of selling price. Get some pics underneath. If it’s clean and no signs of rust i would say 36-42 easily. You ‘ll see similar ones online asking more but i don’t believe there selling.

Nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Take a photo of the steering column above the steering box say the first 12 inches include the rag joint. This is a clue on if it was a big block. Somebody could have changed the steering box shaft but this is often an overlooked item when doing a change over. With that photo we can tell from there expecially if a small block shaft. I can not quite tell from photo shine a light on it I think I see a bolt/nut about 3 inches up from the rag joint which is a good thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts