Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
refering to 1966 chevelles...
I noticed as I look through the VIN decode area, a different code for two door sedans vs. 2 door sport coupes. Is their a significant difference between the two body styles?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The sedan has post door frames, whereas the sport coupe does not.

Meaning, if you roll down the window on the sedan, there is a frame for the window. The sport coupe has no such frame (kinda like a convertable)

Kurt

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Wow..I just realized that you're the newest member (at this time) and that was your first post.

Welcome aboard!

Kurt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.. I am the newest member. Thanks for the welcome and the information. I have always loved these cars and am finally in a financial (wife says yes) position to purchase a project car.

Other than the window post, no real difference between the two?

Thanks
AlleyKat

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
hey alsmothers
Glad to hear that you are looking into buying a car. I would suggest that for your first project to avaoid the sedans as often it can be tough finding some of the smaller pieces such as trim, body panels and I believe some of the interior pieces are unique to sedans.

I see your in the richmond area, I'm near DC in maryland. If your really interested in finding a car feel free to email me and I can keep an eye out for you. That and check out the MCC web page that is in my signature, there are always cars for sale in there.

later
J.J. Fig

------------------
MCC member #256
http://www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Well, yeah, there are some differences, but it's hard to distinguish between what's different due to the body, and what's due to the model line.

For example, the weight is slightly different, as are misc body parts such as window felts, etc.

Some versions of the car were only available as 1 or the other ie: SS only as a sport coupe, and the 300 only as a sedan, but the 300 Deluxe was available as both (note: This is for 68. I don't know squat about 66's, but I would guess the same holds true)

The sedan is somewaht more rigid also, thus making is a bit more popular with drag racers.

Kurt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.